Saturday, June 18, 2005

Jack-Jack vs. Darwin

Image hosted by Photobucket.comYesterday I was at the Pacific Science Center with our 11-year-old for a homeschool field trip. During the first couple minutes watching the IMAX film on volcanoes, earthquakes and tornadoes, I became irritated. Can we watch something without being inundated with lies about evolution and that the earth is 4.5 billion years old and all that nonsense? I mean, the special effects were fantastic, but they were fantastic lies. Mercifully, Satan's part of the program ended after just three or four minutes, but I still wanted to stand up, a la "Network," to tell the 100 or so parents and kids that they are being lied to.

Just then, with the big screen showing the inside of a volcano, complete with a sea of lava, a boy behind me, who couldn't have been more than four or five, whispered to his dad, "I bet Jack-Jack could survive that, Dad."

I smiled.

I still think kids are getting lied to. But perhaps at that young of an age they see everything as a cartoon. Even ol' Darwin could be just a cartoon figure that needs to be wiped out by The Incredibles. That would be nice.

Bill

1 comment:

Carol L said...

I have an untested hypothesis that I never thought could make it to the lab for testing and go before the latest panel of experts, but it is my understanding that the science communitty has aleady uncovered the undeniable evidence that disproves the "theory" of evolution. Apparently, it takes the public and private school sectors a few years - if not decades - to catch up with the cutting edge of what science is continually uncovering about God's creation.

Anyway, though, my hypothesis is that you, or I, or anyone could have been deserted on some island some place out in the middle of nowhere and gotten sunstroke - or just have eaten any number of "medicinal" berries of a particular strand - and come up with the same "theory" as Darwin. It just so happened that a so-called scientist came up with it, and that's the only reason our children have to try and make sense of some cock-eyed idea that the smallest dab of common sense says makes no sense.

Oddly enough, I came up with that hypothesis before I knew Jesus. And we're talking I was so lost I couldn't have found my way out of a paper bag at that time - and a card-carrying liberal, feminist, you name it, ta boot!

But it is all just a sign of the times we are living in. Man, as a whole, has opted not to trust God and turn to his own reasoning. And ridiculous things such as "Darwin's Theory" are the best that man's biggest and brightest can come up with...Elijah and the prophets of Baal come to mind here. "Call on your gods (your reasoning) and see if they'll answer." Hmm. No answer? Perhaps they're busy on the toilet..."

Yup. Man's biggest and brightest. Dim at best. What was that I was saying about finding my way out of a paper bag?

Y-yeah.

Love yaz,
Carol :)