Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Vanity, vanity. All is vanity

It's that time of year again. That time when all the politicians are out in force making appearances at places you never see them at any other time of year trying to convince you that they care.

Care about what?

Themselves! That's the answer.

OK, not that I'm vain. Of course not!

But there I was at the local gym, trying hard like I do to get my thick body looking thin. I've been trying hard for a looong time now. I end the day (every day) asking Glory if I'm making progress. I just want to know. I'm not vain.

Anyway, this isn't about me.

So while sweating on the treadmill a couple of weeks ago I noticed a new face that looked somewhat familiar. I smiled a nonverbal hello and went on sweating. The next day he was there again. And then the next day, and the next. I then realized that he was one of the district court judges who's up for reelection.

My guess, judging by his physique, is he doesn't need to be there. I do! What's he doing there?

What's he doing there?

Getting votes!!

Election day is two weeks from today.

He'll get reelected. Lots of business owners, lawyers, teachers, county employees, etc., go to the same gym.

This judge is smart.

But, still, he's vain, unlike me.

Bill

1 comment:

Carol L said...

...Help, Lord! It's election time!