Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Isaiah


For the past couple of weeks I've found myself flipping my Bible pages to Isaiah. There is so much that this evangelical prophet has to say about the coming Messiah that it's like reading the Gospel in the Old Testament.

There is a certain effect that the words of this man of God has on the reader. Emotions can range from despair to delight, stubbornness to surrender, remorse to rejoicing.

Chapter 12 reads like a beautiful Psalm of praise or hymn to God. Let these words fill your heart with joy.

Isaiah 12 ~ Songs of Praise for Salvation

1 - In that day you will sing:
“I will praise you, O Lord!
You were angry with me, but not any more.
Now you comfort me.
2 - See, God has come to save me.
I will trust in him and not be afraid.
The Lord God is my strength and my song;
he has given me victory.”
3 - With joy you will drink deeply
from the fountain of salvation!
4 - In that wonderful day you will sing:
“Thank the Lord! Praise his name!
Tell the nations what he has done.
Let them know how mighty he is!
5 - Sing to the Lord, for he has done wonderful things.
Make known his praise around the world.
6 - Let all the people of Jerusalem[a] shout his praise with joy!
For great is the Holy One of Israel who lives among you.”


Glory

In Participation With:

No comments: